TOPSoccer Program for Special Needs Children
Welcome to TOPSoccer!
What is TOPSoccer?TOPSoccer (The Outreach Program for Soccer) is a community-based soccer program that is designed to meet the needs of children with physical and/or mental disabilities. Player participation and development are key elements of the program as players are placed on teams according to ability and NOT by age. TOPSoccer is designed to improve the overall fitness, self-esteem and social skills of your child.
This program enables children ages 5 and up, with mental, physical and or behavioral disabilities an opportunity to participate fully on a soccer team. This league is dedicated to teaching children with disabilities the basics of soccer, the importance of team work, good sportsmanship and fair play.
What are the benefits of TOPSoccer for my child?Your child will develop a sense of belonging to a community. Learn the value of being part of a team. Improved self-esteem, fitness and social skills.
What is the role of the TOPSoccer parent?As a TOPSoccer parent you need to:
- Provide any pertinent information about your child to the coaches and administrators.
- Lend support in a positive manner.
- Provide transportation to and from all practices and games, ensuring that the player is prompt.
- Attend all practices and games.
What should families expect from the program?
- A fun and meaningful experience for you and your family.
- Games and activities adapted to ensure your child’s participation.
- Safe and healthy environment.
- Parents will have the opportunity to network with other families for support and information-sharing.